[wp-pro] word press website project - need someone comfortable with code, plugs

Laura Gonzalez-Virtual Business Solutions ivwcc at virtualbiz4u.com
Wed Mar 14 14:36:03 GMT 2007

Looking for someone comfortable with WordPress.
For this project I need someone to tweek the existing code to get it to work
better.

For example getting some plugs in to work and getting the placement of the
header.php with rotating images to work better, getting parent,child to work
for categories, add background image to where pages and posts are and
background image to the side bars to match the look and feel of the site.
Images will be supplied as well as header images are already created.

- Ad banners   ( want that to be an option so that we can place ads on each
page as well as have a page with all advertisers and sponsors)

- Random pictures on the pages   ( want to be able to load pictures and have
these pictures show up on each page  thinking flickr)

- Calendar
( thinking this may need to come from fatastico choices because I need a
calendar for each TEAM division.)
I also am wondering if we can have a box on the home page or on the team
page that will have the calendar events listed for that day

-Subscribe to blogfeed by email.  ( recommendations, plug in or outside
source like  <http://www.feedblitz.com/subscribing.asp>
http://www.feedblitz.com/subscribing.asp)

-FAQ management
I saw a FAQ master flex on the fantastico panel.
The only thing I don't like is it doesn't create categories.
I would like an FAQ section on the site but where it has categories for the
FAQ.
For example a catagory called Preseason Questions.  Then have a bunch of
questions under that title.  Another catagory called College Preparation,
then a bunch of Q& A under it.
Any suggestions for this?

The FAQ section I'm not sure if that should be a plug in or another sql
database program to handle that because I need catagories for FAQ, any
thoughts on how to accomplish this?  The server space that this site resides
on has a FAQ but it doesn't offer categories within the FAQ.  Do you know of
a sql database program that can handle FAQ or a word press plugin?

- upgrade the wp 2.1.2 instead of 2.1.1

1- I have loaded several themes to the server with word press install.
There are elements in each theme that would need to be merged into one
design.

2- Plugs are also needed that work with 2.1.2 - Not sure if the below plugs
in are the best choices so please feel free to make your recommendations as
to which ones would be best.  Also what other plugs would be recommended for
this project.  Not sure if some of these plugs in are needed for the look
and feel of the site or if you can code it to work the way I need it to
without certain plug ins.
-plug in manager
I have the plug in manager on my blog but it appears that he isn't writing
code for this plug in any longer.
What have you been using in the meantime?  Or do you still use it?
I found it to be very helpful.  With 2.1.2 word press some of the plugs
aren't compatible with this version, have you found that recently?

a- backup data  plug in ,  not included in the new version  of word press
also need to be able to back up posts.

http://www.ilfilosofo.com/blog/wp-db-backup

b- Spam Karma

c- Plug In manager

d- Organizer of uploads

e- weather

f- flicker viewer
http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simpleviewer/

http://tantannoodles.com/toolkit/photo-album/
g-
video player
Need to be able to have video uploaded and played on the private page for
college scouts
http://www.coolcode.cn/?p=100

http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugins/Video

Not sure if this plug in is for catagories only or if it has one for pages
as well.
 <http://wp-plugins.net/plugin/fancy-categories/#plugin_2074>
http://wp-plugins.net/plugin/fancy-categories/#plugin_2074
This is a simple plugin that uses javascript to display your category links
as an expandable / collapsible hierarchy

Here is another plug in that I found again not sure if this is what we need
as well
http://wp-plugins.net/plugin/SidebarWidgetCollapser/#plugin_2148
<http://wp-plugins.net/plugin/SidebarWidgetCollapser/#plugin_2148>

Here is another plug it that looked like it may help with the overall layout

http://wp-plugins.net/plugin/sideeditor/#plugin_559
-You can re-order your sidebar-contents
-You can add custom fields without editing sidebar.php. It means that you
can add your profile, Bloglines, Flickr badge and another sidebar-contents
very easily!
-You can make 2 sidebars: It is very useful if you want to have sidebars on
both side.
- You can inactivate every contents of sidebar if you don?ft want to show
it.
- If you are WPMU user, every user can genelate their own sidebar!

#Requirements
- Themes which have almost the same sidebar.php as Wordpress Default 1.5.
- WP 1.5(use Sidebar Editor v1.4), WPMU and wp2.0(tested on 2.0.2).

Here is a plug in that I loaded to plugins but can't get it to work. (Page
Organiser)
It seems to have some good features regarding managing pages
http://www.yellowswordfish.com/my-wordpress-plugin-library/page-category-org
aniser-wordpress-plugin/

I loaded Page Organiser but can't seem to get it to work, I also noted other
plug ins for widget support,catagory and page support etc but not sure if
those plugs in are needed.

Countdown  ( want a count down until the start of the season, or before a
big event etc)
Countdown
 <http://www.asymptomatic.net/2004/12/06/1147/wordpress-support/>
http://www.asymptomatic.net/2004/12/06/1147/wordpress-support/

Hope this helps to get a better feel for the scope of the project.

There are two sports teams I am working on currently that will need the
exact same site just changing the images.
There is the potential of 12 + other teams that will want this ones this
goes live.

I also am a business consultant and a website consultant so I am always
working on clients businesses and finding the correct web developer or
designer that meets my clients needs.

If you feel that your company can provide this type of service, Please
submit your name, business name, business url and url of examples of
projects worked
on.  Please submit an estimate for this type project or a price sheet of
breakdown of charges to ivwcc at virtualbiz4u.com

Virtual Business Solutions
ivwcc at virtualbiz4u.com