[wp-pro] sidebar drops down

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 16:17:43 GMT 2007

On 6/15/07, Jordon Bedwell, Sr. <jordon at ajaxsaur.com> wrote:
> I must be totally wrong because I could've swore all these years we have
> been learning, anything that was considered and error was a bug ;) and the
> same went for mistakes, if this was not the case why would we have client
> "bug-tracking lists".  He / She (?) came to us (?) as pros to help him / her
> (?) with a bug (whether it be a error, mistake or semantics error,) it is
> most of our jobs to do this sort of thing, aye?
>
> Secondly I have to address this needing to go to WP-Support. Again, this is
> not Wordpresses problem, I think he / she (?) came here because this is
> where the pros hang out, and from what I can see, this is a custom template,
> the fact that it's possibly a minor issue does not negate it not needing to
> be here. That's like saying you are far to good to handle it because they
> didn't mention they would pay. Honestly to be quite frank if no one is going
> to "try" help why call yourself a pro?

To be quite frank, we subscribed to this list to watch for
professional work. We didn't subscribe to have this list consumed with
requests for support that belong at the support forums created for
that purpose. Some of the professionals on this list undoubtedly
donate their time to the support forums, as well as many other
volunteers, and so the support forums are more than enough for this
type of help.

You will get the same type of reaction from the hackers list, which is
also mostly WordPress professionals and developers. It is quite simply
a matter of separation, letting the people subscribed to the list deal
with what they want to deal with. This list is for dealing with paid,
professional work. The support forums are for answering our questions.

> For the person who requested help
>
> While there is no confirmed issue with your side bar the bugs that you are
> receiving are 1.) Semantically you shouldn't put a division inside of a
> paragraph. They should be span. And 2.) The Embed Object will always cause
> an issue with W3 because it's deprecated and it's there as a backup and
> mostly there for Mozilla.  As mentioned by Shelly there is a bit of an
> overlap in the header with its tag line, and as I mentioned earlier there is
> an issue with the search box in both Safari and IE.
>

> Jordon Bedwell, Sr.
> http://www.jordonbedwell.com

--Robert Deaton
http://lushlab.com