[wp-pro] Transfer wordpress to new host

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 08:43:05 GMT 2007

Nathan Subs wrote:
> I tried restoring a database to a new host and got sql errors.
>
> Is there anyone that would like to transfer my installation for me using
> the same domain but a new host account?

Instead of transferring the SQL database, you can try exporting and
importing it via WordPress' built-in export and import functions.

Go to Manage > Export, which will give you a downloadable XML file that
contains all the content from your WordPress site. On a fresh
installation of WordPress, you can import that XML file (Manage >
Import), which should be a more robust approach than transferring
complete databases.