[wp-pro] locked out of my own site - login redirect problem

npessoa at umich.edu npessoa at umich.edu
Tue Apr 17 07:38:15 GMT 2007

I am extremely frustrated and in dire need of help. I have a fresh
install of WP 2.1.3 up at http://www.harpjas.com - it was added about 2
days ago, and initially, I had no problems logging in. Now, all of the
sudden, when I go to:

http://www.harpjas.com/wp-admin it redirects to

http://harpjas.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=%2Fwp-admin%2F

This is new, but I wouldn't consider it a problem if it hadn't
repeatedly told me "password incorrect" when I entered in the login
information - the ONLY login information, since I'm the sole user. I
have the original confirmation email with the username and password.
What's worse is, when I clicked 'lost your password?' just in case, it
never sent any information to my email address.

I have the utmost respect for the WP developer community, as it has
delivered an amazing product with continued updates, but it is
frustrating when random occurrences like this happen and one has to
lose hours of sleep over it. I fear this is a problem with 2.1.3 --
perhaps something is different in the files that's causing this. I
tried reverting back to the old (2.1.2) wp-login.php and wp-admin
folder, but that hasn't helped.

Apologies for yet another support-related message, but another source
of frustration tonight was that I posted a thread about this issue on
the WP.org support forum, which appears to have never shown up.

PLEASE - any information concerning the login issue is greatly
appreciated. I don't have a problem starting from scratch with
harpjas.com but there's another site I recently upgraded to 2.1.3 (no
login problems thus far, but WHO KNOWS what the future holds), and I
absolutely cannot endure this same sort of issue happening with that
site.

Thank you in advance for your time, and your help.

Nadia Pessoa