[wp-pro] static front page needed for existing wp blog

Theresa Sim sim at oddpost.com
Mon Oct 2 01:03:01 GMT 2006

Hello,

I'm looking for some work on an existing wordpress blog that I have. I have customied Denis de Bernardy's Semiologic template (http://www.semiologic.com/), but I need help to utilize his static front page plugin (which enables a static front page for a more traditional website.)

I would like parts of the "static" page to include a feed from the blog's latest posts, but the rest to be either static or include feeds from posts marked with certain categories only (i.e, if a post is marked "photo", then the area in the static page will update to show this post, but only if that post is marked "photo".)

Secondly, I would like to add a newsletter sign up as well as a job and events posting board. I'm not sure if there are plugins that can already be used, but I need help implementing them.

Lastly, this is unrelated to my need but I thought people might be interested in the following job opening that I read about in paidcontent.org for a WP developer:
http://www.paidcontent.org/nytimescom-wordpress-developer-nyc

Thank you for your help.

Theresa