[wp-pro] conference registration & workshop selection application in PHP

Donna Casey syncbox at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 16:18:49 GMT 2006

My client is looking for someone to create an application that will:

1) allow user to register for an annual multi-day conference, with
varied pricing based on membership in organization.
2) select workshops over all days (2). Classes are 2 and 3 hr events;
they fill a 4hr time void, so you can pick 1 3hr or 2 2hr classes.
3) if selecting a 3hr class, there are extra charges applied to
conference reg fee.
4) pay for event and fees.
5) application should allow for restricting the number of participants
in classes and have a wait list function.
6) admin screens for adding classes, with class name, number, instructor
name, bio and photo and number or seats available.
7) all instructors to register (using code to validate) and access their
class to update content.
8) produce reports, such as:

--class list
--participant info (for badge  creation and certificate of completion of
specific classes)
--instructor list, with info

9) hook up app to authorize.net merchant account

we currently have a .jsp and .cfm app that does this using a ms sql db,
but it is funky and not adaptable to standard hosting services. We can
convert the db to my sql (I'm told that the db is simple and will
convert easily)

app is to run on lunarpages hosted account. I plan to convert the
client's existing static site to WP during the same time period but this
app project is separate from that, although I will work with the
selected developer to create the UI (CSS & xhtml) for the reg app, as
needed.

This is a paying gig and we are looking for a real bid.  Application
should be tested and deployed by 1/31/2007, so realistically, we'd want
to select someone next week.

Please email directly (syncbox AT gmail DOT com)  if interested and I'll
send you details, contact information, etc. The files for the current
jsp/cfm app are available to review for functionality, if helpful. We
have documentation of that app as well. We hope to replace this funky
app with your excellent, easy to maintain PHP version!

Donna
syncbox AT gmail DOT com