[wp-pro] I have a need for an advanced WordPress hack

Josh Mellicker jmellicker at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 20:03:35 GMT 2006

I have a need for an advanced WordPress hack. (forgive my noobishness
in this post)

I'd like the header to change depending on where the user came from.

This seems not impossible, since links to your blog could be like
http://yourblog.org?affiliate_id=42 and the header.php file could say:

IF $GET_POST affiliate_id { // if there is an affiliate id
then echo "affiliateheader.$GET_POST['affiliate_id'].jpg"
}

But here's the part that is a black hole for me:

I would also like to write this affiliate ID into the cookie, so next
time they go back to the site, they see that specific header...

and ALSO, to link this user_id with this affiliate_id, so next time
they log in, on any computer, their custom header is looked up and
displayed.

If anyone would like to tackle this for free or money, email
jmellicker (atsymbol) gmail.com!