[wp-pro] Multiple Wordpress Jobs Available

Jason Jell unevolved at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 14:48:13 GMT 2006

First Plugin:

Wordpress plugin to handle article posting. Should be compliant with most
recent stable version of wordpress.

Basically I am looking for an article posting plugin. It should pull content
from a specified location, could be a uploaded folder or have an admin
interface to upload articles (preferred method). Articles will be text
files.

Ideally I would prefer the plugin to parse the file into title and body and
use those items as the post title and post body but this has to be done
without modifying the articles themselves. An alternative COULD be to use a
keyword list as the post titles but the previous method is preferred.
Article format is always going to be title first followed by body but
paragraphs in the body of the article may be separated by spaces as well.

Lastly the posting of the articles has to be set to the schedule I prefer.
Cron can be used to schedule the posting but a variety of options must be
available (ie multiple per day, certain days, weekly, monthly, etc...).

Second Plugin:

Wordpress ad block plugin.  Must be compliant with most recent stable
wordpress release.

Looking for a plugin developed which will allow insertion of ads into
different places of the blog through the plugin interface.  Users cannot be
expected to modify the templates to insert these ads so therefore the plugin
must insert the ads through another method, perhaps using existing tags or
code in wordpress as markers for where to insert the code.

Must work for ALL templates and not just specific ones and must allow
javascript, images, HTML, etc...

Positions such as above posts, below posts, sidebar, header, footer, and any
others that can be easily implemented are desired as ad locations.

Preferably a simple interface in the plugin options area will allow users to
intuitively recognize where the ad will appear and a box will allow them to
enter the ads code in the same location.

---------------------------------

Lastly I have one concept which is a little more involved.  I would like
have the ability to have users define their version of wordpress.  For
instance if I have an installation of wordpress which I have configured,
loaded plugins, customized, and finalized the way I like it I would like to
duplicate that.

More specifically have a desktop or web based application which will allow
them to copy their installation of wordpress which is FULLY configured and
reinstall it at another location without have to make those changes again.
This includes plugin activation, option settings for plugins and general
settings.  This means the installation will have to be "disassociated" with
the current domain and database and associated with the new installations.
I would be key as well to have the ability to save and define installations
in the program so they can be repeated and differentiated easily.

Everything has to be done through user interfaces with as little "tech"
knowledge as possible so having the ability ability to create mysql DB's
through an interface may be necessary.

Thanks!

I am interested to hear what people have to say.

Jason