[wp-pro] large project for money

pufftenticle pufftenticle at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 16:59:35 GMT 2006

now, the site is php and hand generated html.  it is
okay, but we are
expanding the site to include the entire state of
Texas and as such need
a more streamlined system of management.   you can see
a portion of the site here:

http://www.centexfire.com

that link is one 'region' and in the end there will be
several regions
covering the whole state.  in effect, imagine that
site you just saw times
9 or 10.   what we need is a wordpress backend that
does these things:

1)  allows posts to be categorized into the normal
categories that we
assign from the dashboard, but also allows stories to
be 'categorized' or
parsed or placed into different subdomains.  so, from
the main admin panel,
we would write a story, that story would be first
assigned a category based on
an initial category type (such as fire story,
political story, car wreck story, etc.)  then,
there would be a secondary 'category' assigned to it
that would place
it on one of the 'satellite' sites.  an example would
be a story that
would be about a fire in north texas and that would be
categorized to go
into the 'fires, north texas site' areas; but would
not show up in the
'fires, south texas' site.

2)  the ability to add those stories with the
secondary category
allowing for multiple sites.  so one story about a
political event that
effects firefighters in south texas and east texas
could be written once on
the admin panel, placed into the 'politics' category,
then the 'east
texas' AND 'south texas' categories and render to both
of those two
sites.

3)  the ability to have users/authors that only have
access to one of
those sub sites and users who have access to all of
the sites.  so
'bill' can only write stories for west texas, but
'bob' can write for the
whole state including each and every sub site (east,
west, south, etc.)

4)  the ability to leave a 'hot' story on the top of
the pile for a period of time
while other stories are added under it on all of the
different sites.  and those hot
stories may be different for each site.  so, while
most of the time we just
want to add stories and have them organized by time
and date and one on
top of the other just like normal, we need the ability
to, when the time arises, have
a 'continuing' story that stays on the top while other
news can still be added around it.

we really enjoy the wordpress format and are
comfortable and confident in using it and moderating
it and modifying it.  But, we have zero skills in
customizing one to this in depth.

we would like to see an online portfolio of your work
with multiple examples as they relate to anything
relevant to this type of project.  if you want a crack
at the coding but not the css or design, that is okay.
 the primary thing we are looking for is the admin
panel to work well, then we will worry about the end
design.  obviously, if you show great skill in both
areas, that brings you to the top of the stack.  we
understand this is a big job, and as such
have budgeted money in 'that' range.  however, you
would still need to put a bid in along with your
portfolio.

included in the money for the project is the right to
have things corrected and adjusted  after the initial
coding is completed.  Payment will be 25% deposit down
to get started, another 25% upon delivery
and us testing it, and the remaining 50% upon
happiness on all parts.  direct contact at
pufftenticle [at] yahoo.com.  thanks !