[wp-polyglots] New release notifications for translators

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Wed Jun 16 23:54:59 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 7:43 PM, Milan Dinić <liste at srpski.biz> wrote:

>  Sure, Ryan will post here when 3.0 is released.
>

> This is not a permanent solution since Ryan will post it for 3.0, but what
> about minor releases in branch (3.0.1, 3.0.2 etc)? Ryan is not the only one
> who is making those releases.

All minor/major releases are always going to be deployed by the lead
developer. (Not referring to alpha/beta/RC pre-releases; those might be done
by other lead devs.) Emailing polyglots should indeed be part of our launch
routine and I don't see a reason to develop a notification service other
than us manually sending an email as we are prepping everything for release.

I would prepare for a launch tomorrow, during the afternoon (GMT time).