[wp-polyglots] WordPress 3.0 string freeze

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Sun Apr 4 08:47:13 UTC 2010

On 4 Apr 2010, at 01:08, Stas Sușcov wrote:

> În data de Du, 04-04-2010 la 01:41 +0200, Wacław Jacek a scris:
>> Nikolay Bachiyski said the following on 04.04.2010 01:19:
>>> if there is a huge demand, we can think of something about generating
>>> betas POT files.
>> Frankly, it'd simply be nice to know of a string freeze, say, two weeks before the release of 3.0.
>
> +1 for that.
> So I can call our team together on a day or two before and be ready to
> release synced with upstream.

There will be a string freeze and I hope to be able to announce it in good time before release.

I am going to put in on the agenda for the next dev-chat.

Is there a minimum length of time that you would like to see between string freeze and final release in order that it makes it realistic for many of you to release a translated version of 3.0 soon after the English version is available?

Is 1 week too short?

Cheers

Peter
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5