[wp-polyglots] Core update for localized WordPress fails

Nikolay Bachiyski nb at nikolay.bg
Thu Feb 12 07:08:47 GMT 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 07:37, Ran Yaniv Hartstein
<ran.hartstein at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have recently released the 2.7.1 version of WordPress localized for
> Hebrew, and tried to run the core update process to check if it works. The
> update only gets the English files - it does not update to the localized
> 2.7.1 version. Further more, it returns no error message and gives no
> notification that the update will not use localized files.
>
> Has anyone else had this issue with their localized version?

The problem is that the version information get from the API is cached
for 12 hours inside WordPress. I managed to upgrade successfully to
the he_IL version.

Since it is a common problem (not only for localized versions) we
should have a button to manually check for updates:

https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9108