[wp-polyglots] Local beta testing

Sergey Biryukov npocmop at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 11:16:19 UTC 2009

> All the plugin does is change the version number reported in the requests to
> api.wordpress.org to fetch the updates.
>
> So if the builtin upgraded offers the ability to upgrade from one localised
> beta to another localised beta then the plugin would enabled you to go from
> a localised install of the previous release to the localised beta.
>
> Do you have a locale that has a localised beta available (of say 2.9.1) that
> I can test with?

Thanks for your reply. I just released 2.9.1 Beta 1 in ru_RU
and now I'm trying to upgrade to it from 2.9.

This is what the request to api.wordpress.org looks like:
http://api.wordpress.org/core/version-check/1.3/?version=2.9.0-wp-beta-tester&php=5.2.4&locale=ru_RU&mysql=5.0.45&local_package=ru_RU

However it returns only the en_US version at the moment.
Is it possible to perform the upgrade to the localized beta in this case?

--
Sergey