[wp-polyglots] Issue with curly quotes.

Xavier Borderie xavier at borderie.net
Thu Aug 13 16:15:58 UTC 2009

> The point is to avoid the use of “ and ”, so translators could
> simply use the " symbol instead, and a script would parse that to a "start"
> and "end" string of their choice, i.e. "some text" would be replaced with
> [starting " replacement]some text[ending " replacement], but that could just
> be me wanting to automate everything possible. It might be worth
> considering, though.

I think we both agree on how this is supposed to work. What I'm saying
is that in some situations, it doesn't render...
[starting " replacement]some text[ending " replacement]
...but instead...
[starting " replacement]some text[starting " replacement]

...and that, as far as I can tell, is not what should happen :)

--
Xavier Borderie