[wp-polyglots] About Turkish Translation

Emre Erkan emre at wordpress-tr.com
Tue Aug 11 10:57:00 UTC 2009

Hi again,

My main purpose is supply the latest Turkish tr_TR.mo file and some
additional files (such as readme.html, wp-config-sample.php etc.) for
automatic upgrading. tr.wordpress.org is not necessary because Turkish
WordPress community knows http://www.wordpress-tr.com as official
WordPress Turkey web site. I joined WordPress Turkey Team July 18th,
2008. Since then I translate every new WordPress version and prepare a
package for turkish users. As you can see, tr.wordpress.org is not
necessary, but we can redirect visitors to wordpress-tr.com of course.

I'm aware of translating rules, I just want to know how can I commit
necessary files to SVN for automatic upgrading with correct locale.
Right now when Turkish users try upgrade from admin panel, they see a
message that, it may be corrupt current install because of en_US
locale.

Sorry for the conflict. I hope I'm clear this time. :)

Cheers,
Emre Erkan
http://www.wordpress-tr.com