[wp-polyglots] bbPress Repository for Uighur

Yidayet. Z. Begzad begzad0826 at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Aug 11 03:10:51 UTC 2009

Hello Nikolay,

Thanks again for all you have done for us.

You can find the JavaScript for Uyghur input on http://ug.wordpress.org here:
http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/ug_CN/rosetta/bedit.js

and its usage is:
http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/ug_CN/rosetta/b_config.js

There is also a usage on WordPress blogs, in admin-header.php, from line 41 to 46:
http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/ug_CN/tags/2.8.3/dist/wp-admin/admin-header.php

It is necessary to specify the text input area for use this script. In above case, it is set to attach all input area except in Laten text input area such as e-mail address.

I was imported this script in ug_CN.css for rosetta, but it is not working any more.

The Uyghur text input problem is the most difficult thing for a user who still using Windwos XP and Mac/Linux. However, it is solved in Windows Vista and Windows 7.

You can find the CSS here:
http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/ug_CN/rosetta/ug_CN.css
The font name "UKIJ Tuz Tom" at line 10, is the must used fonts on the web for Uyghur. But it has a problem that, the small text shows terrible (this problem also appear on wordpress.com). So, recently I think about the WEFT and I try to make the embedded Arial and Tahoma fonts for ug.wordpress.org.

Conclusion:
We can temporarily solve the problem, or wait for users change their OS to Windows Vista/7, but is takes a long time, maybe several years I think.

At the end, please inform me when bbPress locale is set up.
Thank you again.

Cheers
Moorshidi

Nikolay Bachiyski <nb at nikolay.bg> wrote:

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 10:22, Yidayet. Z. Begzad<begzad0826 at yahoo.co.jp> wrote:
> Hello Nikolay,
>
> I’d like to have WordPress local forum for Uighur. The slug URL will be
> http://ug.forums.wordpress.org, the title is: ۋوردپرەس مۇنبىرى , my wp.org
> I hope you create it, and please notify me if I miss some requirements.

It will be created soon. I wrote to the colleague, who will do it shortly.

> P.S:
> As you see, some of Uighur characters cannot connect properly. So it is
> necessary to specify Uighur fonts in CSS files. Also, it is impossible to
> input Uighur characters in a web page on almost all OS currently running. So
> we write a JavaScript program to solve this problem. both of CSS file and js
> file must be uploaded to bbPress or WordPress directory.
> Input problem on the http://ug.wordpress.org forum is not solved yet. If you
> have a good idea for this, please let me know an I will try to solve it.

Where can I find the JavaScript and the CSS?

N.