[wp-polyglots] Updating translation from .pot; Use /trunk or /tak/version

Ruben Woudsma ruben.woudsma at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 07:41:12 UTC 2009

What is the best way to update your locale version of the .po file?

On the codex it is mentioned that you should use the official WordPress pot
file which is located on the following location:
http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/pot/trunk/

But when a new release is created the .pot file for that specific release is
stored on e.g. the location:
http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/pot/tags/2.8.3/

During the last translation of 2.8.1. and 2.8.2. I used the .pot file from
the specific release location, but with 2.8.3 I noticed that the .pot file
for 2.8.3. in the /tags folder only contains 10 new entries and that the
version from the /trunk contains 54 new translations.

Isn't it the case that the /trunk version also contains > 2.8.3.
translations, e.g. for a 2.8.4. or 2.9 version and that the
/tags/2.8.3.only contains the specific 2.8.3. translations.

Hope someone can clear this out.

Cheers, Ruben