[wp-polyglots] wordpress.com complaints through our contact form

Nikolay Bachiyski nb at nikolay.bg
Wed Aug 5 15:09:13 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 00:40, Cátia
Kitahara<contato at catiakitahara.com.br> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've got an other issue with our blog at br.wordpress.org. Lately I'm
> receiving some complaint messages about blogs hosted at wordpress.com.
>
> I think this happens for four main reasons (apart from they ignoring our
> warning):
> 1. they can't find the wordpress.com Complaint page;
> 2. if they do, they don't speak English.
> 3. I think the only way to get to the Complaint page is through the Terms of
> Service page (I maybe wrong), which is also in English.

If users have a problem, they look for the support page, where they
can find a solution or contact support. There is a support link on
every admin panel, on wordpress.com itself and on the admin bar, which
is shown on every pageview of a logged-in user.

On WordPress.com we don't officially provide support in languages
other than English.

> 4. and the most important, they don't know the difference between
> wordpress.com and wordpress.org.

Unfortunately we can't do much about this. You can send them here:
http://pt.forums.wordpress.com/topic/a-diferenca-entre-wordpresscom-e-wordpressorg?replies=1

> So I was wondering if you, guys at Automattic, could make the link to your
> Complaint page easier to be found (maybe on the footer, next to the TOS
> link), and if you could translate both pages, Complaint and Terms of
> Service, to Portuguese. Maybe this could help.

When it happens in the future, feel free to direct them to
WordPress.com support at http://support.wordpress.com/contact/ or
support at wordpress.com. As I said before, we can't guarantee we will
provide support in Portuguese, but we will give our best. This is true
for all other languages.