[wp-polyglots] Unicode characters instead of entities in POT

Xavier Borderie xavier at borderie.net
Tue Apr 28 13:05:50 GMT 2009

Just saw this ticket being closed by Nikolay:
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7099

Rather than open another ticket for my suggestion, I'd like to launch
a discussion here first...

Since the POT (and PO/MO) uses UTF-8, why can't we just use actual
Unicode characters rather than their HTML entities equivalent?
For instance, instead of "Chrunchung…", we'd have "Crunching…",
Is there something (non-supportive browser, maybe?) that would prevent
this from working, and warrants entities?

--
Xavier Borderie