[wp-polyglots] Wordpress Tamil Translation

Samuel Murray (Groenkloof) samuel at translate.org.za
Mon Apr 27 14:31:39 GMT 2009

S K wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Samuel Murray (Groenkloof)
> <samuel at translate.org.za <mailto:samuel at translate.org.za>> wrote:

>>     On this page:
>>     http://codex.wordpress.org/L10n:Localization_Teams
>>     it says that there is a Tamil team here:
>>     http://groups.google.com/group/tamil_wordpress_translation?pli=1
>>     ... is that still the case?

> That team mentioned by you has been doing translation on Wordpress.com.
> I am doing the localization of POT file of WordPress.org.

Are they not the same...?  I thought Wordpress.com is just an
implementation of Wordpress.org, and that they both use the same
localisations.

> And I feel you can go ahead and host the Tamil translation on the Pootle
> server, which will ultimately help the completion of the translation.
>
> I'll contact Suresh Naloor over this.

If you'd like to give using Pootle a try, I'll activate Tamil on it.
But there is little sense if one translator uses Pootle and another
translator uses something else.  Merging two translations from two
different translators is not trivial (but it's not impossible either).

You need to have an account at the Pootle server before I can grant you
admin-translator rights.  Doing so should be straight-forward, but if
you struggle, translators have been known to find this helpful:
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/decathlon/quickstart

Sincerely
Samuel

--