[wp-polyglots] Wordpress Tamil Translation

Samuel Murray (Groenkloof) samuel at translate.org.za
Mon Apr 27 14:10:08 GMT 2009

G'day SK and N30

I wrote:

> SK wrote:

>> I form the translation team and have the svn access for Tamil. I
>> have been using the WP Tamil translation for over 4 years in my
>> Tamil blog at http://kichu.cyberbrahma.com/
>>
>> I'd like to invite you to join me in translating the balance
>> strings which I have been postponing - those used for admin
>> interface etc.

> I recently received a mail from someone named N30 who wanted to host
> the Tamil translations on Pootle at pootle.locamotion.org.  I told
> him that there is an existing Tamil team and that I can't add a
> language to our Pootle server if there is an existing team, unless
> the existing team requests it.
>
> I've CC'ed N30 to this mail -- perhaps you can contact him directly
> and gain an active Tamil helper :-)

Again, someone contacted me with a request to put Tamil on the Pootle
server.  There is a Tamil team, so I need to know that I'm speaking to
the leader(s) before I can add anything to the Pootle server.

On this page:
http://codex.wordpress.org/L10n:Localization_Teams
it says that there is a Tamil team here:
http://groups.google.com/group/tamil_wordpress_translation?pli=1
... is that still the case?

The person who contacted me is Suresh Naloor.  I've CC'ed him on this
mail.  Please contact him.

Samuel

--
Samuel Murray