[wp-polyglots] Release date of 2.7

Milan Dinić liste at srpski.biz
Fri Nov 28 23:32:39 GMT 2008

I read on Lorelle VanFossen's blog (
http://lorelle.wordpress.com/2008/11/27/wordpress-27-release-news-and-links/)
that 2.7 will be released in next days and that is even possible to be
released this weekend because that is time when Matt will be on WordCamp in
Australia.
I remember that 2.5 was also released surprisingly during some WordCamp, so
it is really possible that this weekend we get final version of 2.7.
So what is problem? Problem is that translators will be unprepared, they'll
need to fast update their translations, even if they regularly sync with
trunk. Another thing is that during weekend many of them will be offline or
with low use of net so they even won't get news about this release. As
consequence users will wait longer then usual for their local packages,
maybe for several days.
What I ask developers is what is planed release day? If there aren't plans
for release, I want to ask to give as information about release before you
publish final version so that we have enough time to prepare.
This will be even more important issue after 2.7 because of automatic
upgrade.