[wp-polyglots] JavaScript seems to break HTML entities

Lionel Chollet lionel.chollet at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 09:34:33 GMT 2008

Le 21 nov. 08 à 08:43, Xavier Borderie a écrit :

>> This reply just to point out that the abbreviation for "minute" in
>> French
>> (and other languages) is "mn" — not "min".
>
> I can't find many sources that would point to this - quite the other
> way around, in fact:
> http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heure_(temps)#Typographie_de_l.27heure
> http://www.framasoft.net/article2225.html#ABRV
> http://www.aidenet.eu/grammaire06c.htm
> http://perso.univ-lyon2.fr/~poitou/Typo/t04.html
> http://www.dsi.univ-paris5.fr/typo.html#ABRV
> http://pedagogie.ac-amiens.fr/eco-gestion-lp/IMG/pdf/typographie.pdf

And even World of Warcraft! http://forums.wow-europe.com/
thread.html;jsessionid=9CF3F7B3A6150EC31D9BDA57AAC63DF0.app03_05?
topicId=1634013452&sid=2
;-)
You're right, Xavier.

> I found a few links saying that you could use "mn or min":
> http://artic.ac-besancon.fr/animateurs_ia70/complements_blog/
> regles_typo.htm
> http://www.nouvelles-impressions.com/wiki/typographie.html
> http://www.alphaquark.com/Typographie/
> Typographie.htm#typo_compotexte_abreviation

> I'm willing to discuss this, of course :)

Well, no, this topic is resolved. :-)
I still find "min" weird, because I tend at first to read/pronounce
it a bit like the french word "main" and not like the french word
"mine". But I'll comply with the majority's standard.

>> (And congratulations to all of you for all the work and dedication
>> you put
>> in internationalizing WordPress.)
>
> Thanks a lot. It's really an improvement over time, but there are
> indeed some bursts of "let's revamp everything" from time to time :)
As the saying goes: Happy translating! :-)

Cheers and best regards.
-Lionel