[wp-polyglots] Locale, but not the functions

Mattias Tengblad mst at eyesx.com
Thu Nov 13 19:20:20 GMT 2008

Ok, I'm getting really annoyed by some of the development status of
general futures that needs fixing to work for our languages.

We're pushed to create locale sites, locale files, locale packages and
so on, and still there’s general functions like "blog-by-mail" thats not
working at all for some languages and still just being pushed to later
releases. This kind of ignorance really sucks, do a search for
wp-mail.php on the support forum and you'll see the ignorance first hand.

The active ticket was pushed from 2.5.1 to 2.9, that’s just poor!
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6788. This has been an issue as long as
I can remember. This issue was patched for 2.5.1 already but ignored and
now wp-mail.php has been update WITHOUT any patch. The patch is unusable
in later versions.

I've got a Swedish community screaming to get this fixed.

This needs some pushing by the affected language teams!

// Mattias, Swedish team