[wp-polyglots] RC3 and default secret key

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Fri Mar 28 18:07:00 GMT 2008

Hey all,

WordPress RC3 was tagged today and so are the pot file and the i18n-ed
default theme (synced with last changes). I still haven't released a
Bulgarian version, so go on and be the first ones :-)

Except for the RC3, there is a more specific localization problem for
2.5 I would like to cover. Probably you have already seen that in the
new wp-config-sample.php there is a line like:

define('SECRET_KEY', 'put your unique phrase here');

It is very very important that you either:

1. Do not translate 'put your unique phrase here'

or

2. Translate it, but create a file named your-locale.php in
wp-content/languages/ and insert the following line there:

$wp_default_secret_key = 'your translated phrase here';

For example my locale is named bg_BG. The line in wp-config-sample.php
is translated as

define('SECRET_KEY', 'изберете ваша си уникална фраза');

so I added bg_BG.php in wp-content/languages (in
dist/wp-content/languages/ in my i18n repo), which has the following
contents:

$wp_default_secret_key = 'изберете ваша си уникална фраза';