[wp-polyglots] Re: gettexted Theme

wohack wohack at alice.it
Sat Mar 15 10:02:32 GMT 2008

On 15/mar/08, at 09:51, Christian Barmala wrote:
> The zip-archive contains a mo-fil, but no po or pot. Do I have to
> create the pot myself by
> xgettext --keyword=__ --keyword=_e --language=php <a lot of sandbox
> files>.php --output=sandbox.pot
> is there a "decompiler" for mo-files or can I open it with poedit
> in update mode without having a pot-file?

That is not factual. Inside the Sanbox folder, once unzipped, there
is a folder called sandbox-translation. Inside that you find
sandbox.pot plus PO files for several languages plus a Readme  :-)

http://www.poedit.net/
Poedit, as its name suggests, is capable of editing existing PO
files. It will also create them for you, if the file/files you want
to translate are already get-texed. It will also create a MO file in
the process. No POT is needed. And since it comes with a nice and
regular GUI it is much loved by people who do not concentrate on
shell scripting.