[wp-polyglots] Re: gettexted Theme (was: HTML entities in translated strings)

Milan Dinić liste at srpski.biz
Thu Mar 13 12:01:57 GMT 2008

> Do I have to install and try all 69 hits sequentially?

Well, I just gave you  tip how to find themes which are gettexted, I believe
that (unfortunately) there is no other way of finding those themes. When you
have this list, maybe to check tags for that themes or visit releases pages
where are, maybe, more information about theme given.

BTW, if you created that list of 69 names, can you share it here or send me
directly (no matter if there is no links and real names, just folder's
names)?

Where do I find a
> good German translation of Sandbox? It's actually in Milan's list and I
> find sandbox.pot in the Internet, but you pointed out, that translations
> may vary in quality.

I found one solution here also, but as previous it is not complete. You
already said that you use poEdit, which means that you know basic things
about it.
You can find pot file for theme you want, or create it yourself. Then in
poEdit open translated po file for Kubrick theme or po file for whole
WordPress installation. In poEdit choose to update from catalog and then
find this pot file you found. By doing this, you will not have to translate
strings which already appeared in existing po file, only those which not
appear. It depends on complexity of theme you choose how much new strings
there will appear. As I told you, you can try separate with both po files,
and see where you will have less work.

P.S. Milan, please excuse the "c", I didn't want to use UTF-8 just for a
> single character. Alex is more lucky and I'm even 7-bit clean :-)

No problem ;)