[wp-polyglots] no-code-duplication i18n for WordPress

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Thu Mar 6 13:07:47 GMT 2008

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 02:35:14PM +0200, Nikolay Bachiyski wrote:
> 2008/3/6, Milan Dinić <liste at srpski.biz>:
>> Will this be available for WordPress 2.5 or will wait for future release?

> For 2.6. No more new features for 2.5.

Well, it is hardly a "new feature". On the WordPress code side, it is
literally only adding a few comments, so it doesn't seem completely
unreasonable to me that it get an exception to the
"feature-freeze". The point may be moot, because with a release
scheduled for 2008/3/10, it may not be ready, or tested enough, in
time anyway. Are you guys planning for simultaneous releases for
several languages or will translations be at least a few days later?

However, if at least some translation teams express interest in this,
I'm willing to provide a "i18n-ready" tree on the side (e.g. from my
people.debian.org page) for their 2.5.0/2.5.1/2.5.2 translation
work; this tree would differ from the official one only by adding the
special comments. It would also make a good real-scale test for the
system :)

So, if I provide this tree "on the side", who is going to use it?

--
Lionel