[wp-polyglots] (no subject)

Huda Toriq hud at toriq.net
Sun Jun 22 03:59:23 GMT 2008

Hi, Nasrul,

I'm glad to hear that there's someone willing to make one of
Indonesian traditional languages available to use with WordPress.

I'm Huda Toriq, currently maintaining Indonesian localization of
WordPress. I don't speak basa Sunda. But I would happy to give some
assitance if you need. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Since basa Sunda & Bahasa Indonesia share a lot of audience, I think
it's a good idea if you also discuss it in the Indonesian forum. [0]
I'm sure there are some Sundanese in the forum who will be able to
give you feedbacks.

There's also an effort to make the traditional script/character of
basa Sunda and all other Indonesian traditional script to be available
to use with computer and of course, with the internet. Currently the
Balinese, Sundanese, Buginese characters have been approved by the
Unicode consortium. There's also project 'Aksara Nusantara' [1] which
attempt to create fonts & input tables for some operating systems. The
Buginese character (lontara) has even been distributed together with
one of Indonesian Linux distro, Blank-On.

I am one of the contributor on the project, focusing on the Javanese
character (not yet approved by Unicode). Once the javanese is approved
& we released the fonts & input table, I also plan to create a
Javanese localization for WordPress, using the traditional script
(hanacaraka/tjarakan) to promote the script itself.

In the meantime, I know you want to localize WordPress into Sundanese
using latin alphabet. But I can see your attention to your language
and hope you would consider to create the Sundanese using the
traditional script as well in the future.

[0] http://id.forums.wordpress.org
[1] http://code.google.com/p/aksara-nusantara/

Regards,
Huda Toriq
http://hudatoriq.web.id

2008/6/21 Dadan Nasrullah <de.nasrul at gmail.com>:
> Samuel, I've checked out the link you gave, and I'm planning to follow
> your suggestion. Now, let me see that you set up Sundanese on pootle.
> And, where I should contact you off-list. Thanks.
>
> Nasrul
>
> 2008/6/19, Samuel Murray (Groenkloof) <samuel at translate.org.za>:
>> G'day Dadan
>>
>>> I am interested in translating WordPress.
>>
>>> I need information whether here a
>>> team for translating it into basa Sunda (su), and how if I would take a
>>> part there.
>>
>> Well, there doesn't seem to be a Sundanese team at any of these pages:
>>
>> * http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language
>> * http://codex.wordpress.org/L10n:Localization_Teams
>> * http://codex.wordpress.org/L10n:Teams_Currently_Forming
>>
>> ...so I guess it is up to you to create the Sundanese team :-) and start
>> translating WordPress yourself.
>>
>> Interestingly, Mediawiki has a Sunda translation, so perhaps you can get
>> some ideas for terminology from those people (or enlist them as members
>> of your team):
>>
>> http://translatewiki.net/wiki/Translating:Languages#su_.28Sundanese_.E2.80.93_Basa_Sunda.29
>>
>> Sadly, a Google Code Search for [file:/su.po/ "last-translator"] yields
>> no results, so it doesn't seem like there is much software already
>> translated into Sundanese.
>>
>> Read this to begin with:
>> http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress
>>
>> You're welcome to contact me off-list if you'd like me to set up Sunda
>> on pootle.locamotion.org (not officially affiliated to WordPress) -- it
>> might make translation easier for you.
>>
>> Good luck starting your team!
>>
>> Samuel
>> (ordinary WP translator)