[wp-polyglots] (no subject)

Samuel Murray (Groenkloof) samuel at translate.org.za
Thu Jun 19 10:52:44 GMT 2008

G'day Dadan

> I am interested in translating WordPress.

> I need information whether here a
> team for translating it into basa Sunda (su), and how if I would take a
> part there.

Well, there doesn't seem to be a Sundanese team at any of these pages:

* http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language
* http://codex.wordpress.org/L10n:Localization_Teams
* http://codex.wordpress.org/L10n:Teams_Currently_Forming

...so I guess it is up to you to create the Sundanese team :-) and start
translating WordPress yourself.

Interestingly, Mediawiki has a Sunda translation, so perhaps you can get
some ideas for terminology from those people (or enlist them as members
of your team):

http://translatewiki.net/wiki/Translating:Languages#su_.28Sundanese_.E2.80.93_Basa_Sunda.29

Sadly, a Google Code Search for [file:/su.po/ "last-translator"] yields
no results, so it doesn't seem like there is much software already
translated into Sundanese.

Read this to begin with:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress

You're welcome to contact me off-list if you'd like me to set up Sunda
on pootle.locamotion.org (not officially affiliated to WordPress) -- it
might make translation easier for you.

Good luck starting your team!

Samuel
(ordinary WP translator)