[wp-polyglots] Hello to all - from entrans co-developer

Vigneswaran R vignesh at atc.tcs.com
Thu Feb 21 09:48:56 GMT 2008

Hello Mr. Michael Sync,

On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 14:11 +0800, Michael Sync wrote:
> Hello Vignesh,
>
> Thanks. It would be great if you can add the following features to
> Entrans.
>
> - The team leader can assign the strings to the translators.
> - The team leader should be able to label the group of strings and set
> the priorities. And also should be able to assign the label to a
> particular translator.
> - The translator should be able to update their status. (e.g. pending
> or finished or need to think better translation, need suggestion or
> etc)

The code for next release is about to complete and which doesn't include
these features. So it is very difficult to add these in the next
release. We will add these features in the future releases.

> - Everybody should be able to write the comment (e.g. idea, suggestion
> or typo error) for each string.

It is possible that every one can give suggestions(translations) for any
string. These should be validated by the validators. By making a small
change in the code (true/false), you can force only logged in users can
give suggestions.

> - Easy to update from one version to another or wordpress.pot to
> wpcom.pot.

After uploading the new version (wpcom.pot), you will find that the
translations are readily available for the strings which are common to
the old version (wordpress.pot).

Thank you.

Regards,
Vignesh