[wp-polyglots] Entrans

Milan Dinić liste at srpski.biz
Thu Feb 21 00:32:17 GMT 2008

Since here are talks about creating central translation's place, I must to
refer you to informations about Drupal's project. It is almost finished
(currently it's in testing). They plan to create central server where will
be possible to translate strings in all Drupal projects (main Drupal
installation, modules, themes) for all languages. Templates will update
continually from their projects, and then translations exported back to
those projects (they could to that because on drupal.org is central place
for all Drupal projects).
What is excellent to me is that you will need to translate string which
appears in more then one project only once. For example, if there is string
"Delete" in installation, in several themes and modules, when you translate
it on one place, it is translated for all projects, so for modules you are
interested you just need to translate those who weren't translated before.
Now you have same terminology for everything!
Also, tool automatically recognizes from templates what strings are for what
release and then generate .po files. You can translate by project and
release or all strings.
Here are some links to documentation behind tool.
http://groups.drupal.org/node/5150
http://groups.drupal.org/node/5216
http://groups.drupal.org/node/5219

Currently, it is testing on separate domains, but it will all be moved on
one central server on drupal.org.
Here<http://drupal.org/project/l10n_server>you can find links of those
test servers so you can see how it looks in
practice.