[wp-polyglots] How to get PO file back to WP

Francesc Hervada-Sala francesc at hervada.org
Mon Feb 11 21:36:03 GMT 2008

Hello Samuel,

without Launchpad there are 3 steps:
1. translate po file
2. generate a translated mo file
3. put the mo file into wordpress files

If you translate (1) with the programm "poEdit", it generates (2)
automatically
If you translate (1) on Unix/Linux, you can generate (2) with the
utility "msgfmt" (part of the GNU gettext package)

If you store the po and mo files at the SVN repository
svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/ and you have a local site
<local>.wordpress.org, at this site you can get a localised WordPress version
automatically.

With Launchpad I do not know.

Best regards,

Francesc