[wp-polyglots] How to get PO file back to WP

Samuel Murray (Groenkloof) samuel at translate.org.za
Mon Feb 11 13:45:03 GMT 2008

Samuel Murray (Groenkloof) wrote:

> I'm trying to understand the process of translating for Wordpress.  I
> know that one can download a PO file from Launchpad, but how does one
> give the PO file back so that WP will use the translations?

I've just tried uploading a PO file to Launchpad and I'm very sure the
PO file is good, but Launchpad says there are errors in it (but no
mention of what the errors are).  I'm would be careful to use Launchpad
if it is going to throw me false error messages after a hard day's
translation.  The Launchpad site says that not all WP translators use
Launchpad -- so what are the alternative routes to (a) get the PO file
and (b) send the translation in PO format again?

Thanks
Samuel