AW: [wp-polyglots] TinyMCE 3.0 translation functionality

Stefano Aglietti steagl4ml at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 20:22:09 GMT 2008

On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 10:42:45 -0800, Andrew Ozz <admin at laptoptips.ca>
wrote:

>The php backend is working fine. What I did is to put manually all TMCE
>strings in a .php file (they aren't that many). That file is then
>included in the gzip script that compresses all TMCE parts and streams
>them to the browser.
>
>Of course this file will have to be maintained if the placeholders for
>the strings change, but that may only happen when a new major version of
>TinyMCE comes out. Since version 3.0 just came out, it will be at least
>a year - year and a half before then.

This would be great.. it's so annoying to check every time all files
to see if there changes...

>What I was trying to determine is how useful is the ability to change
>the sizes of the pop-ups in TMCE for different translations. But I think
>I found a way to implement that (will need some help from Nikolay).

Sime of the needs... for Italian needs :)

>The patch is almost ready, I'm just testing with different localizations
>to make sure TMCE behaves properly and doesn't try to load non-existing
>lang.js files.

oulld be a nice solution to centralize these translations.. if only
non gettexted messages in sparse wp files could be centralized too
even in a simple text file with a simple parser loaded where it's
necessera and used to get the right strig to use... as soon i will
have soem time i will wok around these... its  apain to ahve to parse
these files everytime

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it