[wp-polyglots] Importing messages into locale.forums.wordpress.org

Nikolay Bachiyski nb at nikolay.bg
Tue Aug 26 14:14:49 GMT 2008

On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 12:40 PM, Ran Yaniv Hartstein
<ran.hartstein at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to import an existing message board into a bb-press based
> forum on locale.forums.wordpress.org? For e.g., the Hebrew speaking
> WordPress community currently uses a Google Group as our forum. Will we be
> able to import the message into for e.g. he.forums.wordpress.org?

You look like the perfect volunteer to write a Google Groups bbPress importer ;)

There was a recent GSoC project for import/export in bbPress, so the
guys there might help. Google Groups offer some kind of feeds and it
shouldn't be too hard.

Happy hacking,