[wp-polyglots] Re: Re: Re: Re: Brazilian WordPress site

Cátia Kitahara contato at catiakitahara.com.br
Wed Apr 23 15:10:47 GMT 2008

Hi Nikolay,

I've got a feedback reporting a bug caused by our translation, or at least
it seems so, since the fellow who reported it told us it happened after he
installed our mo file.

He says that any message with a number indicating how many posts or comments
he has (under any status), displays  the number like this: nnnnnAnnnn, where
'A' should be a comma in English or a point in Portuguese to indicate a
thousand. I don't know if I made myself clear, but I'll give you an example:

"Akismet has protected your site from 3,150 spam comments already,"

the translation should be:

"O Akismet ja protegeu seu site contra 3.150 comentarios de spam,"

but it displays like this:

"O Akismet ja protegeu seu site contra 3A150 comentarios de spam,"

Is this a WordPress bug? Or is it a translation bug? I think it is strange
because the number is a php placeholder and I've checked if it's correct in
the po file and it is.

If it's our mistake, could you please, help us correct it?

Thanks in advance,
Cátia