[wp-polyglots] Transliteration and use of two scripts in Serbian language

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Fri Apr 18 17:54:09 GMT 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 8:37 PM, Milan Dinić <liste at srpski.biz> wrote:
> Plugin now works good and only on several places there is still left
> Cyrillic: on those values which are included in translation for first: post
> (you know, "Hello World"), page, comment, categories (Uncategorized and
> Blogroll), an also on three places I found it and there are screenshots of
> it below (this is from test installation, you will see Cyrillic letters).
>  http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/2420/kontrolnatablawordpressjs4.jpeg
> http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/4108/clanciwordpress12085383gx0.jpeg
>  http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/230/stranewordpress12085383tl0.jpeg
>
> I just wanted to inform you about this, I don't know if it can be done.

Apart from the strings set at installation, the others can be fixed.
Just add another filter in SrLatin():

add_filter('ngettext', array(&$this, 'convert_script'), 9);

These weren't translated, because they are plural forms and the
gettext filter accounts for singular-only ones.

> > >  If other languages need different transliterations, it'd be easy to
> > >  modify this plugin.  It could even pick the transliteration based on
> > >  the language code configured on the blog.  (I should do something like
> > >  that for the "Finnish Quotes" plugin, to include Norwegian and
> Icelandic
> > >  and any other languages that have derivates out there.)
> >

> > I use your plugin for a base for a Bulgarian style plugin :-)
>
> We could make this for Serbian also, we use same quote style as Bulgarian :)

Sounds great. Proper quotes are important :-)