[wp-polyglots] Locale sites getting real (beta-testing is over)

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Sun Sep 30 19:00:46 GMT 2007

Hello,

I am very happy to announce that the beta-testing of the locale sites
is over and you will soon have one of your own.

Before getting into technical details I would like to say a big big
thanks to our beta testers, the translators from France, Japan,
Indonesia and Turkey. They helped us fix lots of bugs and it was a
pleasure, working with them, so again -- thank you.

Now, right to the point, here is all the actions you need to do in
order to start your locale wordpress.org site:
1. Choose a sub-domain, similar to your locale or language.
2. Give us your locale code (e.g. bg_BG)
3. Choose site administrators and tell us their WordPres.org Forums usernames.
5. Make sure your svn repository conforms to:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress#Repository_File_Structure
Now the automated packaging system doesn't support encodings, other than utf-8.
6. Translate the theme-specific pot file:
http://bg.wordpress.org/wp-content/languages/rosetta/rosetta.pot
7. Make a screenshot of the localized version, 246x145px. For
inspiration, you can use those on http://wordpress.org/.
8. That's all :-)

When you are ready, send all the information required above  to me,
off-list and I will take care of the set up. Also -- be patient,
probably there will be a lot of requests, so your new sites won't be
created immediately.

Happy translating, and thank you for the participation,