[wp-polyglots] i18n-ed theme and the repository

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Thu Sep 27 08:21:25 GMT 2007

2007/9/26, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com>:
> Nikolay Bachiyski wrote:
> > It now enumerates all your tags and branches on 5 minutes, so this
> > shouldn't be a real issue. You can wait 5 minutes, don't you :)
>
> We used to have this prob with wp-plugins, it now uses a post-commit
> hook and only processes repos that have changed, vs the whole thing
> which was taking down the server.

In this case the cron is only enumerating all the branches -- we don't
keep a full working copy of the repository. Since the package builds
are not automatic, therefore happen not so often, it is reasonable to
do a remote export of the needed branch on every build.

Of course doing the cron's job on commits only would be better.

Happy translating,
Nikolay