[wp-polyglots] The never-ending: i18n of default theme

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Mon Sep 17 15:29:24 GMT 2007

2007/9/17, tai <tai at tekapo.com>:
> > > Hi, Tai.. your kubrick.pot contains strings from functions.php. The
> > > file should be excluded since it's part of WP core script i18n.
> >
> > Isn't functions.php distributed with the theme?  If it is, it should
> > be translated as part of the theme, regardless of a theme in the core
> > distributing a similar file.
>
> Thanks Huda, I didn't realize at all, but I agree with Kimmo.

I also agree and I added kubrick domain to the gettext calls in functions.php.

> > I'm including my version. Btw, what it should be named? theme.pot or
> > kubrick.pot?

I added kubrick.pot.
You can create it yourselves on a UNIX/Linux system using
wordpress-i18n/tools/trunk/theme-gettext like this:

theme-gettext <theme folder> [<theme name>]

If theme name is missing it is extracted from the last component of
the theme folder's real path.