[wp-polyglots] Translation of Kubrick theme

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Tue Oct 23 11:37:12 GMT 2007

2007/10/20, एस्.के <skichu at gmail.com>:
> Hi friends,
>
> I have translated the strings of Kubrick theme into Tamil and uploaded
> the .po and .mo files in the following URL:
>
> http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/ta_IN/branches/messages/themes/Kubrick/
>
> 1. Is it ok?

Kubrick with lowercase would be better. Also, the branches folder is
usually used to create specific branches in there. You can read more
on branches in the SVN book [0].

> 2. I find the Kubrick theme files in the WP 2.3 package are not fully
> gettexted. Sould I put in the gettexted files found in the SVN
> repository also in my local folders? If so, in which main folder? (I
> am really confused with the comparative roles of "tags", "branches"
> and "Trunk", though codex has some explanation!).

The default theme isn't i18n-ed, that's why we have a different
version in wordpress-i18n/theme.

Regarding the trunk/branches/tags story, read the explanation in [0].
If you have further questions, we will be happy to answer :-)

> 3. I have translated all the user-interface strings of the main WP pot
> file of 2.3. Is it ok to upload them also?

The main pot file translations should go to messages/ta_IN.po.

[0] http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.4/svn.branchmerge.whatis.html