[wp-polyglots] WP 2.3 Ukrainian (kawa)

Cyril Kalugin cyril at kleinluchskueche.com
Wed Oct 3 13:07:53 GMT 2007

Hello wp-polyglots!

So we've just done Ukrainian translation of next items:
— WP/2.3
— Kubrick Theme/2.3

We've done it without intrusions into wp-core — just .mo files. We
have pretty tested them with new WordPress, and found nice. So, what
next? Is it possible, and what should we do to place these
translations on official PO/MO repository? Also we've done Russian
variant of «gettext» translation for 2.3.

A bit about us — Kleinluchsküche.com.

We are small web-developing team, working preferably with themes for
wp-based sites, and also we do Java development.

We found WP great as CMS because of it's usability and accessibility
for end user. So we've grabbed brand WP/2.3, added uk.mo (and
ru_RU.mo) into languages and default theme, tested a lot — and now any
Ukrainian WP user (as well as Russian) is free to download it at
http://wordpress.kleinluchskueche.com/. Now we're working on WP/2.3
MLI (multi-lingual interface) version using base of Gengo plugin.