[wp-polyglots] Wordpress Tamil Translation

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Fri May 4 02:11:34 GMT 2007

On 5/2/07, Ravi shankar <ravidreams_03 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> for some strings i see more than one translations. I want to know who
> approves / dismisses the translation for tamil, how to contact him?

Anyone can approve translations.

> When  does a local language version get incorporated into wordpress.com?

Usually when we we get at least the majority of the strings translated
for that language, and we get people asking for it.

> is there any FAQ page for wordpress.com (NOT wordpress.org) translation?

This has some info:

http://ryan.wordpress.com/2006/08/07/deutsch-espanol-and-portugues/

Also, I can import WP po files into translate.wordpress.com, by
request.  wpcom has many more strings than WP does, however.  wpcom is
WP + WPMU + bbPress + dozens of themes + wpcom specific strings.

IAll po files for wpcom are available here:

http://svn.automattic.com/wpcom-i18n/

The POT is here:

http://svn.automattic.com/wpcom-i18n/wpcom.pot

If any WP language maintainers want to maintain wpcom translations,
grab the POT and PO, make your changes, and I will merge your
translations into translate.wordpress.com and commit the po to
wpcom-i18n.

Ryan