[wp-polyglots] Beta 2

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Wed Jan 10 13:03:56 GMT 2007

2007/1/10, Stefano <steagl at people.it>:
> On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 13:29:26 +0200, "Nikolay Bachiyski"
> <nbachiyski at developer.bg> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >Beta 2 is out here:
> >
> >http://wordpress.org/beta/wordpress-2.1-beta2.zip
> >http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/pot/tags/2.1-beta2/wordpress.pot
>
> Why having a beta2 pot and a trunk pot? wouldn be the same actually?
> We already have trunek and branch... now a third version again to sync
> etc... keep things simple please, lots op people aleary try to uso
> trunk in wp branch.. this wil make stuff more complicated again.

There are some translators, who, unlike maybe you, do not use the svn
version of wordpress. For them it will a lot easier to use a specific
version and a pot, which is the right one for this version (the right
strings, the right line numbers). Also if you want to release an
Italian version of betaX, you may not want to bother and generate the
pot yourself.

Anyway, the experienced wordpressers can continue using the trunk pot :))

Happy translating,
Nikolay