[wp-polyglots] 2.1 will soon be one of us

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Mon Jan 8 09:14:38 GMT 2007

Hello, fellow translators,

2.1 is on its way. Although the release date is still undecided it
floats between the middle and the end of the January (yes, January
*this* year :) ).

Given the fact you are all busy with endless language and software
endeavors I am here to poke you to start, string by string, catching
up with the current pot, using the current WordPress.

Besides translating and packaging, I would suggest that you release
some pre-release (sounds unnerving, doesn't it) of the localized
package. Starting from now on every WordPress prelease (short for
pre-release), either Beta or RC I will give you its specific pot file,
so that it would be easy for you to download the package and then
infest it with your translation.

WordPress 2.1-beta1: http://wordpress.org/beta/wordpress-2.1-beta1.zip
Pot file: http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/pot/tags/2.1-beta1/wordpress.pot

And just one more thing - could somebody scratch down a list of the
files that have to be translated directly (replacing the originals)
like readme.html etc. and put it on the Codex?

Thank you very much for translating WordPress,
Nikolay Bachiyski