[wp-polyglots] Default Theme

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Fri Sep 29 14:04:40 GMT 2006

Ralf Schmitt написа:
> Hi,
>
> is translation for the default theme planned? Or
> are there any specific reasons why it is not prepared
> for translation?

Good to ask :)
I once spent a night to internationalize it, but...

The reason (which Matt pointed out) is that there are too many
English-speaking users, who won't like the many __(), and _e()s when
manually changing strings in their blogs!

Even if the guys, who decide agree that that reason is no longer valid,
unfortunately it will not be good idea to internationalize it right now,
so close to the release.

I hope soon Sandbox will become the default theme (again with Kubrick
skin if you like it) and then the problem will just go away :)

Happy translating,
Nikolay