[wp-polyglots] New to translating WordPress

jf at messier.ca jf at messier.ca
Wed Sep 27 19:15:36 GMT 2006

I am considering translating WordPress for my own language, French
Canadian. The "official" language code is "fr-ca", and I am already using
poEdit to translate another software, the Opera browser, for all
platforms.

I already have a theme installed on my blog, and all I want to do is to
put my own translations in it. I played with the .PHP files and other
scripts directly previously, so the actual blog is half-translated.

Given that I know poEdit and .PO files very well, what's the easiest way
for me to get my blog translated ? I have no problem restarting the blog
web site from scratch at this point.

Also, if I find a theme with French translations, how do I go about
localizing some strings ? Canadian French and France's French are slightly
(!) different........

Thank you :-)

Jean-Francois Messier
jf at messier.ca