[wp-polyglots] searching a tutorial on translating a WP theme

Stefano steagl at people.it
Thu Sep 21 11:18:06 GMT 2006

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:44:43 +0200, Michel Klijmij
<michel at klijmij.net> wrote:

>Op do, 21-09-2006 te 10:29 +0200, schreef Lukáš Kucharczyk:
>> <?php the_time('F jS, Y'); ?>
>
>I really dislike this hardcoding of timestrings, both like this as by
>making it a translatable string. WordPress has an option in the
>dashboard to format the date/time display, which is more easily
>customised than by hardcoding it.

Often theme and plugin use special format for the date show single
articles or front page, even the format under WP uption is I18N in the
language file so the default value is according the locale habit, soi
don't see anything wrong in it.

My theme should be designed to offer a short date format (dd/mm/YY)
and if i use the Wp format that maybe is eset to something long (
dayname, DD MonthName YYYY) tha layout of my theme could get all
upset, but localizing it i still need to edit it cause a US designer
will set date in MM/DD/YY format but in italy we use DD/MM/YY, so i
don't see anything wrong in it.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it