[wp-polyglots] Arabisation of Wordpress

Ahmad Gharbeia gharbeia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 02:04:37 GMT 2006

Greetings,

I have been using WordPress for a year now and would like to make a good
Arabisation for it available for the reasonably sized base of
Arabic-speaking users.

I'm currently working on the .po file for 2.0 advertised in an earlier mail
by Nikolay (at
http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress-i18n/pot/branches/2.0/wordpress.pot)

I would like to know how this work relate to the upcoming version and how to
incorporate it in SVN.

I, along with another couple of people, have recently completed a full
arabisation of Drupal's core modules and then some, so we have a concise and
clear dictionary of Arabic terms to build upon. Arabisation is infested with
much poor quality, hurried work, unfortunately.

I would like also to know what are the plans to support language-specific
plural-forms since Arabic has a bunch of them that require special treatment
to look barely decent (with simplification).

regards,
Ahmad Gharbeia